Instagram

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back From Vacation in Wisconsin!

After a long anticipated adventure back to visit my family in Wisconsin, I am so relieved to have finally spent quality time with them.  It has been 13 months, and I was growing more and more homesick every day.  This was the first time my boyfriend would be meeting any of them, so it was important that I introduced him to as much family as I could.  I left after 12 days with a sense of satisfaction that I would greatly miss them all, but could not wait to get back to the San Juan mountains.  I am back, and I must say, I love it here more than words can express.

Classy Marilyn necklace in Marilyn Collection. Thank you granny for the beautiful beads! Etsy Item

While back in Wisconsin, I visited with my maternal grandmother and showed her the jewelry I have been designing for the past year.  She was the wonderful grandmother I have always known her to be, and gave me some jewelry and supplies she no longer needed.  Her contribution has more than paid off.  Not more than a few days after arriving home in Colorado, my creativity took off, and I created more pieces I am very proud.

Since I moved to Colorado, in the first place, with all that would fit into my Honda, I had the privilege to go through my belongings and find more Marilyn photos I had acquired several years ago.  We stuffed my boyfriend's truck full, and I am pleased with all that I was able to bring along with me on my adventures.

Sunny Marilyn necklace. More beads and charms from my granny. Etsy Item

I also purchased from several Etsians before leaving on my vacation, so when I arrived home, there were many packages to open.  One Etsian in particular was more than sweet, and in the mistake of an order I had placed, sent me a wonderful package that made me so happy, it was like my birthday.  It was too kind of this Etsian to send me such great things.  I will soon be creating a blog post about her shop and such.

Made from destash materials and items that were waiting for me when I arrived home. Etsy Item

Spring is slowly drawing near, and I must say that I am very anxious to start spending more time outdoors.  Recently I stopped down at The Funky Trunk here in town and dropped off a dozen items.  Jen was positive by stating that spring break is coming up and sales may go well.  I am staying positive, too.  Someone suggested that I should start making more necklaces, which I've been inspired to create lately.  Enjoy!
AnotherUse Shop

More upcycled materials used in this Cupid Marilyn necklace. Etsy Item
Thanks for stopping by!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment