Instagram

Saturday, July 5, 2014

How To Make The Most Out Of Your Etsy Activity Feed

If you sell on Etsy and do not use your activity feed -- you should. Every time I log into Etsy account I check on my activity feed to see which members in my circle are favoriting items, treasuries and shops; who is sharing the things I share; and who is following me. This gives you a lot of opportunities to get exposure and join a circle of people just as passionate as you are. 

The first thing you need to do is click on the "Following" column of your activity feed, and look through all of the recent activity of members in your circle and favorite every item that appears. This seems to work effectively by showing support to all of the Etsy sellers that find their way into your activity feed. You also want to go to the items you favorited at this point and favorite their associated shops. Add them to your circle, too.


Once you are done looking at your circles activity, look at the "Interactions" column, which shows which of your activity was liked by others. You will get to see what other people find trendy and if people are favoriting your activity. If someone new interacts with you, "follow" them and favorite their shop if you haven't already. I found out that after following so many shops, Etsy puts a cap on how many people you can follow. At this time I follow about 1080 people, and I cannot add more people to my list. I am told to remove some people before I can add any more. But every once in awhile I am able to add someone new to my following list. 



Lastly, you want to look in the column labeled, "Your Shop," to see which people are favoriting your items, treasuries, or shop. Make sure you follow their shop; add them to your circle; favorite their shop and items; and look at items they favorite. If possible, you might even want to build treasuries out of these shops and items. 

I hope you found this blog-post useful. It has been several years since I started my own Etsy shop and self-educating. Now I would like to share my own knowledge and inspire others out there. You can do it!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment