Instagram

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Continued Collaboration for Music Festival: Day 3

Hi again!

As plans have continued to grow, I am learning more about how the kid's tent at the San Juan River Music festival is going to run. Supplies are mostly covered at this time, and it appears that our largest project is painting beautiful 10x4' canvasses. It is very exciting to be working on such a big project. Many ideas are running through my head, but I can't seem to decide what will be the best idea for painting these canvasses. I would love to have the kids paint with their fingers and/or feet. These ideas have yet to be approved. =D In the meantime, I have been hunting out more Marilyn Monroe photos in my magazines and am in the process of constructing 10 necklaces!

Weminuche Wilderness

Pagosa Springs, Colorado is such an inspirational place for creativity. It makes me wonder how so many people don't know about its splendor, and how I was once one of those people. Never had I heard of Pagosa once in my life until a friend moved here, and now I feel, sometimes, that I never want to leave. I was sitting in the parking lot at the City Market grocery store yesterday when I heard a woman tell her husband as he came back to the car that there is a falls here in Pagosa. I wanted to run out of the vehicle I was in and tell her that there are actually four or five, at least, here in Pagosa. If it wasn't for the intensity of Anna Karenina, I would have.

Four Mile Falls

I am truly confident that finally, after so many years, the Chimney Rock natural stone structure will become a national monument. It would be nice to see this area receive the recognition that it deserves. Although I would love to keep this spectacular place all for myself, the many people struggling in this economy could use more people coming through this area. Let's hope it gets the recognition it deserves.

Chimney Rock silhouette.
Thank you so much!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment