Instagram

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Beginnings of Life in the City

After such a long time away, I had to finally explain myself. Colorado was beautiful and a wonderful experience. I learned a lot of new life skills and that even though I love making jewelry, it wasn't exactly a successful career. Let's just say, I haven't given up yet, but this is a brief relapse of time. 

View from Reunion Tower

I am now living in Preston Hollow, Texas in the heart of Dallas. I'm so blessed the way life worked out. Things were very rough at the end following my last blog post in 2011. Now I am more than proud to say I have a great job that pays well so I don't have to work multiple jobs, as I once was. I'm dating someone new who gladly gives me the opportunity to live the lifestyle I have been dreaming about for years. 

I have never lived in a city as large as Dallas before now. It was extremely overwhelming and intimidating at first. Especially around University and Highland Park. I'm across the highway, but in Preston Hollow it is no less ritzy. I have had the opportunity to gift many pieces of my jewelry to get the exposure it deserves. My boyfriend's mother came up with the idea to have a jewelry party at her house with snacks, wine and my jewelry displayed around the house. It was a brilliant success, and I had a blast discovering the real value of my work. 

Jewelry Party
I'm still in college, but I'll be done in two semesters. It's been a long journey. I won't be graduating with the degree I was originally working towards, but I will get a degree nonetheless. That's all I care about. I will be the first in my immediate family to have a degree, so it makes me feel accomplished. Every semester has been a struggle - I have wanted to give up many times. But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Two more semesters! This summer I plan to take more time for the things I love and exploring the beautiful city of Dallas. Stay posted on my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment